Thursday, December 16, 2010

Gingerbread Babies

My very 1st gingerbread man made his debut almost 10yrs ago at my 1st company(SGH) Christmas party...I packed them as door gifts. It made very deep impression from my colleagues to my managers to even my director. Back then gingerbread man wasn't as common in bakeries as compared to recent years...

Last year, I had the opportunity to conduct classes for my gingerbread cookies(can still remember how the guys were better then the ladies =D ). It was stressful and fun at the same time as I have never in my life thought that I would be doing this. I was pretty worried that I could not answer questions posted by students or my teaching method was not conducive. My 2nd class was definitely better than the 1st....with my new found confident I definitely would like to do more of this if opportunity arises.

Over the years my gingerbread cutters has grown in collection from mini to big and even those with snow caps(boys & girls). Others include stars, xmas tree, bell, angel, house. Some I bought them myself, some my sis got from Thailand and a friend bought a set for me from the US. But I still prefer to have them in the shape of the men as they are named.

This year I made the mini couple to give to my SGH colleagues as a surprise from their secret angel (they will play a game call angel & mortal every year)...but my angel helper Irene said those who know me knew they were from me (good to know that my gingerbread men n me are well remembered =] but then no suspense huh)....

It's heartbreaking for the motherly Mala to hear how others find pure joy in choosing the parts to sacrifice 1st (I can imagine her reactions)...For me, as long as it brings joy and festive mood to the receiver, I have achieved my purpose (even if they are too soft-hearted to eat them and decided to keep them for the eyes only).

Cheers to a joyous Christmas everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...