Friday, December 10, 2010

Besan Thosai & French Toast

Wow it's been almost a month since my last blog....
Reason for my absence was my mum had an ops and I was there for about 2 weeks to look after her and when I was back home I kind of lost my momentum to do anything (including housework =p)

Last week I found this recipe for Besan Thosai...if you remember i bought the besan flour for ladoo and used it for dohkla too. Besan thosai is not found in eateries here and those who tried it (myself, hubby and his fellow worker) love it very much....with his worker persistently saying it's very nice and asking what it is.

This eaten as it is is already very tasty but if you want more flavour and variety you can try to add tomato and cheese or eat it with yoghurt etc...hubby love it with my curry chicken.

Here's the recipe:
1 cup besan flour (easily available in mustafa)
1/4 cup rice flour
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1 cup shredded cucumber
3/4 cup water

Just mix everything to a smooth batter. Put a scoop into a hot pan w/o oil and immediately use the ladle to spread it out. Drizzle some oil onto the thosai and flip it over once the sides the bottom is nicely browned.





Today I made French toast for breakfast since I have a few slices of bread left. Then I remember I had picnic ham so I put them in for added flavour.

This is simple to make and yet tasty. All you need is eggs, milk and sugar (i didn't bother with exact measurements). Mix till sugar dissolve, dip the bread in and pan fry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...