Thursday, November 4, 2010

Mithai - Indian Sweets

This year I was really into the Deepavali mood I guess and when Hubby said he wanted to get some mithai for the prayers at home I decided to make them (He was skeptical about my decision of course). He must have the thinking that they were tedious to make (I thought so too till I did my research) as he persisted me to purchase a pack with variety of sweets in it to save all the trouble. Well, I insisted my way....=) and I churned out not 1 but 4 varieties.

Yesterday I made Besan Ladoo and Kaju Katli Burfi to prove my worth....He came home and was amazed. The taste were to his liking too.

Besan Ladoo

Kaju Katli Burfi (Cashew Sweets)

Mysore Pak

 Kesari

This morning I made Mysore Pak and Kesari....He commented the Kesari was better then his mum as I added lots of cashew nuts and raisins. Kesari and Ladoo are what he would normally take and the other 2 he probably have seen in shops but didn't know their name. 

Burfi are usually covered with silver foil when sold in shops...If someone knows where to get the silver foil please let me know. I would like to use them the next time round so they can look more authentic.

Overall, I was glad the mithai turned out decent enough for eating and offering. I know God wouldn't mind a 1st attempt product as it's the thoughts that count right? Hopefully he will grant me better skills from tomorrow onwards....

Happy Diwali everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...